Monday, November 2, 2009

garbage patch infographic


Improved version--
this one got a Student Best of Show Addy in February.

New & Improved Garbage Patch from Liz Zimmerman on Vimeo.



Animation I made in after effects. there are a few issues with the photoshop drawings that didn't really show up till after it was rendered,
which I'll hopefully have time to fix up at some point. I'd like to put some kind of music or something in there, too.
It's too weird hearing just my own voice.
You can kind of tell while watching this that I started figuring more stuff out as I was working on some of the
compositions. I learned A LOT while doing this project- mainly 'cause I worked on it pretty much all day every
day for like 2 weeks. Every time I watch it I see more ways I'd like to improve it. This program is really fun to work with!




2 comments:

taygo said...

Elizabeth:

Delightfully gross. Taylor

Excellent compilation and animation, I like the narrator's voice! Mom

Anonymous said...

I saw the sun melted plastic on the Northeast side of Oahu in 2008. Little blue and green "pebbles". Fucked up.